15 April 2006

Ruination day, and the sky was red



I don't feel at all qualified to talk about Hillsborough -- I was not quite six when it happened. I've only been a Liverpool fan since 2002, and I've never seen a live game that wasn't held in an all-seater stadium. Even with that, though, I still cry when I read about it. It's hard for me to imagine how different things were back then, just seventeen years ago. I can't imagine what I would feel like having lost someone. It was such a completely senseless tragedy, and preventable in so many ways.

I don't have the words to talk about this, so some links instead:
LFC video tribute.
Alan Hansen.
John Barnes.

The Hillsborough 96. You'll never walk alone.

1 comment:

Richie said...

Nice Post,
I thank you for it. I am a true Red Im 38 now (my blog says 33)and still have not forgot that day. I was there and will always be there. A sad day for all.
God bless you and all Reds
Walk on